High Sierra Classic Series 59501 Appalachian 75 Internal Frame Pack Review
If you’re in the market for a backpack that will let you take all those creature comforts behind, then the High Sierra Classic Series 59501 Appalachian 75 Internal Frame Pack delivers in spades.
With a huge main compartment capable of storing 75 liters. The pack weighs in at just 5.8 pounds, but the Appalachian 75 ensures you’ll have space to spare for your next trip to the peaks.
- 75-liter, top-load main compartment with gusseted drawstring closure and adjustable top lid
- Front access to the main compartment
- Drop-bottom sleeping bag compartment with divider
- Internal hydration reservoir sleeve and dual exit ports for the tube (reservoir not included)
- Removable media pocket is attached to the backpack strap
- Webbing daisy chain on both sides
- Soft lashing hardware holds ice ax/hiking poles
- Mesh pockets hold 1000-milliliter water bottles
- Side and bottom compression straps secure gear
- Tuck-away rain cover stored in a bottom pocket
The High Sierra Classic Series 59501 Appalachian 75 features a drop bottom sleeping bag compartment with divider. For those who love long trips you will be glad that it comes with a internal hydration reservoir sleeve and dual exit ports for the tube although the reservoir not included with the pack and must be bought separately. The ERGO-FIT shoulder harness, with adjustable load-lifters, is built with VAPEL™ mesh AIRFLOW™ and high-density foam padding.
The contoured aluminum frame bars are easily adjusted to fit the shape of your Torso. Some of the other features include a removable media pocket for a smartphone/radio, soft lashing hardware holds hiking poles or ice axe, and mesh pockets that can hold 1000ml water bottles.
Internal Frame Suspension:
- Ergo-Fit shoulder harness, with adjustable load-lifters, is constructed with Vapel mesh Airflow and high-density foam padding
- Dual, contoured aluminum frame bars can be adjusted to fit the shape of your back
- Molded foam back panel with Airflow channels to keep your back cool and dry
- Waist belt, with Vapel mesh Airflow and high-density foam padding, wicks moisture
- Adjustable sternum strap stabilizes pack
- Pack dimensions: 34 x 14.25 x 10.25 inches
- Capacity: 4580.0 cubic inches
- Pack Weight: 5.8 pounds
- Materials: Grid-Weave Duralite, Mini-Weave Duralite, Duraweave (bottom)
The pack comes with many compartments so allows for easy organization of many items. The adjustable shoulder straps are great to adjust the pack to your torso. The easy-access camera/knife pocket on the shoulder straps and the pack cover which is stored on the underside of the pack. The sleeping bag compartment is big you can even fit an over sized mummy bag with a little effort.
Some customers have would wish that the media pocket on the shoulder strap would be a larger size to allow easy access.
Some customers have found that the biggest selling point is the opening on the front since it makes packing the pack much easier and many would recommend the pack. It includes a rain cover, which is great for those unexpected showers and you find that many other packs do not. The harness fits snug around my waist and over my shoulders.
“Seems to be made of good quality material, and with lots of storage it should be perfect for some overnight hiking trips as soon as the weather warms up. At its smallest setting, it fits my 5’8″ son’s 30″ waist.”
David H, Amazon Customer Review
“The biggest selling point is the opening on the front. Makes packing much easier. Packed for a 7 day cruise. Walked all over Boston for 8 hours with no problem. Nice it includes a rain cover as many do not. Only down side is there’s no way to secure it. The zippers have cords instead of metal.”
A. Paresa, Amazon Customer Review
“Having gone through a pack or two in my lifetime I can appreciate how nice from Amazon a pack this model is. Well made and very comfortable. Fully adjustable and a great size for several day trips. Warning.
If you are less than a 32 inch waist it won’t fit right. My 34 inch size makes it fit like a glove without hardly any adjustments. Overall this a great buy. I have much more for other types with the trendy names but can’t say they were worth the extra cost. Checked around and haven’t found a better deal for a pack of this quality.”
Ralph C. Browne, Amazon Customer Review
The High Sierra Classic Series 59501 backpack has a rating of 4.4 out of 5.0 from 109 customers on Amazon. Click here for more verified customer reviews on Amazon.
Many customers would recommend the High Sierra Classic Series 59501 backpackto others. It is at a great price, has got tons of storage including many pockets, a rain fly cover and great adjustment straps.
Click here to read more about the best internal frame backpack features.